Bulgaria, situated on the Balkan Peninsula, boasts a high rate of tourists from different parts of the world. Bulgarian locals are very friendly, always trying to make tourists feel welcomed. People choose Bulgaria mostly because of its beautiful mountains, sunny beaches, as well as vivid nightlife and famous gastronomy. Since RentalPort has many domestic and foreign clients renting a car in this region, we prepared some useful tips on renting a car and driving regulations in Bulgaria.
Renting a Car in Bulgaria
Driving a car is the easiest and most convenient way to travel across Bulgaria. You do not need to follow bus or train schedules and can save much time. In case you come to Bulgaria by plane or bus, renting a car is the best option.
RentalPort in Bulgaria
RentalPort cooperates with various Bulgarian Car Rentals such as YES RENT A CAR, CAR RENTALS BULGARIA, TOP RENT A CAR, RENT A VAN, VAL & KAR, SPEEDY CARS, and CHOICE RENT A CAR. Through our website, you may book a car in the following cities:
- Sunny Beach
What to Bear in Mind Before Renting a Car in Bulgaria...
- You must hold a valid EU or international driver's license
- The minimum age for renting a car is 21 years
- Driving experience of one year at least is a must
- Drivers under the age of 25 may be charged a "Young Driver Fee"
For more useful information about renting a car click here:What Can You Do to Avoid Getting on a Rental Car Customer Blacklist?
What Are the Advantages of a Long-Term Car Rental?
How Does a Car Rental Deposit Work?
- Roads in Bulgaria are worse than in other countries, you should be very careful while driving
- In Bulgaria, there is a permitted blood alcohol level of up to 0.5 per mille. If you exceed the limit, you may lose your driver's license.
- If you are fined in Bulgaria, the only way to pay it is by bank transfer.