Best of all, you don't have to spend a lot of money on expensive flights or accommodation. Let yourself be lured by the beauties of Slovakia and make a real road trip. Plus, you don't even have to have your own car. There are many car rental companies in our country today where you can rent a car on good terms. Of course, you can rent a larger or smaller car, simply said you can rent exactly the car you want. If you are planning a trip with a group of friends, renting a larger car is a great idea. And there are some tips for a great road trip.
1. Think ahead of your trip - even if it's great to be spontaneous, plan at least the base cities or key points you want to visit. This avoids unnecessary travel from one end of the country to the other, resulting in higher fuel costs and tiredness. Is there an interesting event in a city? Great! Plan it so you don't miss it. Or plan your trip thematically - do you want to see mainly our castles or nature? Keep in mind a basic plan and share it with your fellow travelers. It is important that you fully agree with the travel plan.
2. Find accommodation in advance - especially during the season there may be a problem with accommodation in our little country. When you are prepared at least an approximate route of your stands, use one of the accommodation portals and find suitable accommodation. Perhaps your open-air overnight accommodation is welcome for your adventurous nature - but we will leave it to you.
3. Renting a car - Renting a car has several unchangeable advantages for this type of trip. One is that you can rent a car with the consumption, performance and size you prefer. The rental company takes all the risks associated with car rental. Renting a car through a reliable company is fast, safe and thanks to fuel consumption many times cheaper than going on a road trip with your own vehicle. You can also be sure that a rented car will be in perfect shape and the car will not leave you anywhere. Anything should happen, but there is always an assistance service that is ready for familiar cases.
4. Prepare in advance - think of as many things as possible and make sure you put as many things as you need into your car before the trip. Don't forget the travel first-aid kit with basic medicines, seasonal clothes, navigation, map or GPS. Keep in stock fast food, a few semi-finished products or a good quality chocolate bar because you never know when the crisis will come.
5. You follow the traffic rules - it is not worth rushing on a road trip. Follow the rules, go at regular speed and especially have fun. After all, a road trip is not about getting anywhere as quickly as possible, but about enjoying your trip. And nothing hurts more than fine from the police. So be cautious, but especially careful.
The road trip is mainly about fun. If you haven't visited many places in Slovakia, now is the right time. Our country has many great places to visit. Rentalport is one of the companies that provide great rental cars according to the client's requirements, which are suitable for work, but also this kind of trip.